I love cookies. I love ice cream. So, why not put them together? I am telling you now, heaven on a plate! Now I am not going to pretend that I made the ice cream myself, although if you do want an easy recipe with only 2 ingredients then I shared one earlier in the year!
The best thing about these cookies is their gooey texture. Not that I dislike the crunchy type of cookies you can get but the doughy, gooey ones are my fave!
Ok so to make the cookies you will need:
125g unsalted butter
100g light brown sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp vanilla essence
160g self- raising flour
150g chocolate chips
Once you have all of your ingredients, pre- heat the oven to 180ºC.
– Combine the sugar and butter to make a creamy consistency. Once smooth, add in the golden syrup and vanilla essence. I think it is the golden syrup that really makes these cookies amazing!
– Add in the flour and finally the chocolate chips until the mixture looks even.
– Now depending on how big you want your cookies, you will need to adjust the ball size. For a medium sized cookies, take enough mixture to make a small ball in the palm of your hand. Pop it onto a baking tray and flatten it.
– Repeat for the remaining mixture, making sure the dough isn’t too close together as they will expand as they cook.
– Bake for 12 minutes or until they begin to turn golden.
Now, ordinarily I like to eat them fresh out of the oven but seeing as they are going to be paired with ice cream you don’t want them too hot or the ice cream will melt immediately.
To serve, take a scoop of ice cream and sandwich between two cookies! Enjoy!!