Welcome to HappyDays! The idea of this linky is to inspire others to make the best out of every day, to see the happy in the little things. As no matter what, there is always something good in every single day- we just need to take the time to see it. Share your happy posts, Sian and I love to read them!
Wow I need to sit and write this list – it has not been a good week! It started off so well, with a lovely first 2 days of the holidays with the girls. By Wednesday morning it had all gone down hill with me falling, almost breaking my arm and then both Lils and I coming down with a sickness bug. Wills has now caught that bug and so we are a right sorry state!
So what glimmers of sunshine have kept me going this week?
– Instagram friends. I’ve been chatting with the lovely Mother Freckle on IG and she just makes me smile! I am slowly finding my love of IG again – not so much for my own social purposes but for chatting with other people via stories and just general chat within posts.
– New bed. So I don’t know if I said but when they brought our new bed a couple of weeks ago there was a mix up with the divan base. It has been rectified now and so I have spent this morning putting my shoes neatly in the under bed storage.
– Rainbow cake. My friend Lucy made a massive rainbow cake the other day but as she is on a diet plan she can’t eat it. She asked if I’d like a slab and of course I couldn’t say no!
– New trousers. In fact new clothes! I had a really unsuccessful shopping trip the other week but I tried again and managed to grab some bargains in the Next sale. Normally the rails are empty but for whatever reason there was still loads of great things left.
– Reading. I have been reading at night again, Mr F has been reading beside me, but the thing I have realy loved is seeing my girls taking the time to read. We went to the library on Monday and they each took out 10 books. Reading is absolutely everything and so to see them doing it for pleasure just makes me so happy!
– Finding my style. Ages ago I wrote about how I had found my style at last, finding gorgeous clothes in Gap. I still felt as though I hadn’t found a store that I could go to for every day things though but I am really loving Next right now. I always thought of them as being for older women (say 40s, not like 80s) and preferred shopping in New Look or H&M. I guess I am just finally accepting that I am not 18 anymore and I am totally loving Next style!
– Happy tears. Oh I sobbed and sobbed the other night watching a movie. It is based on a book by Nicholas Sparks (of The Notebook, A Walk To Remember (which is my all time fave), Dear John and so many more) and it just had a brilliant ending. Go check out The Longest Ride on Netflix if you have it.
The rest of the week is a blur really, of sickness and aching bones. Hopefully next week will be better – at least hopefully the sun will come back so we can get out of this germy house!
Do you want to join in?
IMPORTANT – Copy the new badge code to prevent broken images.