Inside: Valentine’s Day craft ideas for kids to make for their loved ones.
If you love doing crafts with your kids, or maybe don’t love it but they really do, then here are the best Valentine’s crafts on the internet right now. They are easy to make and make for lovely gifts or decorations for Valentine’s Day.
All of the craft ideas featured have been tried and tested by wonderful bloggers in the community – I hope you enjoy them!
1. Silly Heart Puppets from Sixth Bloom. Aren’t they cute? A really simple idea that would be perfect for a pre-shooler.
2. Heart Purses from Sixth Bloom. These are a lovely gift idea if you filled them with some little bits and bobs. Or if not a gift then great for little ones who love to play shops and dress-up.
3. Mosaic Hearts from Live Well Play Together. These are so lovely and perfect for any age, with little or more support from you.
5. Canvas resist art from Live Well Play Together. I want to try this one – it is such a lovely way to create art from basically making a bit of a mess.
6. Washi Tape Heart Bookmarks The Gingerbread House. Bookmarks would be a lovely gift for friends and these are so easy to make!
7. Toilet Roll Animal Craft from Little Fish. Aren’t these cute? We all have toilet rolls and the shapes needed to create the characters out of felt are easy enough. A fun way to deliver a little love note!
8. And here are the Miniature Envelopes you’ll need. They are just too cute for words!
9. Valentine photo frame from Simple Everyday Mom. This is a really lovely gift idea as gifts for grandparents. You could even make it into a fridge magnet.
10. Llama Valentines Card from Simple Everyday Mom. Llamas have become the new unicorn recently so this card is on-trend and a really cute one to give to friends.
11. Tiger card from Simple Everyday Mom. Another cute card and a cute one for younger kids to give to their loved ones.
12. Outdoor Valentine Hearts Cheerios from Megan Zeni. This is a cute and practical gift idea as it will feed the birds too!
13. Valentine Owl Craft from A Little Pinch of Perfect. I love that this doesn’t look perfect. It looks achievable and real – the perfect craft for me!
14. Cactus Card from A Little Pinch of Perfect. I am a sucker for any type of handprint craft and this is a new one to me!
15. Handprint Heart Trees from I Heart Crafty Things. Again, you can’t beat handprint art – grandparents love them!
16. Valentine Robot from Gluesticks and Gumdrops. If you have a real lover of junk modeling then this would be totally up their alley! Gather boxes and toilet rolls and before long you’ll have a gorgeous robot!
17. Heart necklaces from Gluesticks and Gumdrops. This would be a fun gift for friends, wouldn’t it? My daughters would love making these!
18. Peg butterflies from Gluesticks and Gumdrops. Sometimes simple is best, isn’t it?
19. Filter Paper Hearts from Simple Fun for Kids. I love filter papercraft and these are just lovely.
20. Washi Tape Hearts from Simple Fun for Kids. Washi tape is just so versatile – love these!
21. Wax resist hearts from My Bored Toddler. Such a great idea – just prep before you hand the paper to your toddler and they’ll think it is magic!
22. Jack in the box paper craft from Adventure in a Box. Something to do together or for older kids but super fun!
23. Pink snowflake hearts from Pink Stripey Socks. Hearts are surprisingly easy to do in snowflakes but I’d never thought to do Valentine’s versions! So much fun!
24. Fingerprint Canvas from Artsy Fartsy Mama. A variation on handprint art but cute and keepsakey nonetheless.
25. Donut Cards from Projects with Kids. I mean who doesn’t love donuts?
26. Valentine Sweetie Cups from Artsy Momma. A lovely idea as a gift – I would want one for sure!
27. Fun Handprint Art for Ladybird Handprint Card. These are so cute – not ones I’ve seen before!
28. Love Bug Toilet Roll Craft. Another toilet roll craft and one that is super cute and would mean more than any bought gift.
29. Owl Bookmark from Red Ted Art. I want my kids to make me one of these!! Such a cool piece of paper art!
30. Glass Thumbprint Magnet from Rhythms of Play. These are so creative and something to treasure forever. You forget how small their hands were and so this would make for a wonderful keepsake.
31. Love bug craft from Rhythms of Play. I’m not a fan of creepy crawlies as a rule but these are cute!
32. Mouse Roll Craft from Non Toy Gifts. Toilet rolls are one of my kids’ favourite craft supplies as you can make so much using them. This mouse is so cute and would be loved by anyone!
33. Robot roll crafts from Non Toy Gifts. Know a robot fan? They would love this!
34. Bee My Valentine Card from Non Toy Gifts. Ah word play and a footprint – my favourite!
35. Cupcake flower card from Non Toy Gifts. How cute is this? As someone who manages to kill all flowers, I’d definitely appreciate this!
36. Pebble Love Bugs from The Craft Train. Pebble art is massive right now, so why not give them as gifts. We keep all of ours in our front garden to make us smile each day.
37. Easy Heart Valentine Card from Kiddy Charts. I recently found out about printing with loo roll – how have I never thought to do it sooner?
38. Llama Craft from Kids Craft Room. I really do love llamas – this is a cute craft idea to give to friends.
39. Handprint Love Birds from Kids Craft Room. Can someone tell my husband to get the kids to make me these?
40. Owl Card Template from Fireflies and Mudpies. With a template included, this is a nice simple craft for little ones to make.
I hope you manage to find something to make for this year’s Valentine’s Day. Enjoy!
A big thank you to everyone who contributed to this post.