Inside: Review of the Hotpoint Class 2 SA2844HIX Built-In Electric Single Oven – gifted product.
There is nothing worse than having your oven fail on you. It always seems to happen when you need the oven most, too.
In my case, it was right when I needed to make a 4-tier birthday cake!
Thankfully, AO offers next day delivery on appliances 7 days a week and have so many great deals that you don’t have to wait!
We have always shopped with them, for our washing machines, dishwashers, TVs and ovens and this time was no different.
Hotpoint Single Oven
After a look around on their website, we decided to go with the Hotpoint SA2844HIX Built-In Electric Single Oven.
It has lots of great features, including:
– Dough proving function. I used to make my own bread but would forever struggle to find the ideal place to leave it. With this function, you can set it to a constant 40ºC – perfect!
– Self-cleaning function. This is my favourite setting as cleaning the oven is the worst job, right? Simply pour water into the cavity in the bottom, set the dials to hydro-clean and wait 35 minutes for the cycle to finish.
Wipe the grease away and voila!
– Programmable timer. I am terrible for remembering to turn the oven off – with this function the oven will turn off at the end of the timed session.
– The thing I really like about the oven is the fact that the inner is made from enamel and so grease doesn’t seem to stick. That and the hydro-clean means I won’t have to worry about keeping it clean.
– I also like that it heats up quickly and circulates the air well. I have successfully made a cake (not a 4-tier cake this time!) and it rose really well.
– It is really easy to use, with simple knobs to use rather than fiddly controls that some ovens have.
– The oven comes with two wide roasting trays as well as a wire rack. This is so helpful when you are trying to fit lots of food into the oven.
I just add foil to the tray rather than adding my own tray to the oven.
– There is really only one thing and it is a small thing – the roasting trays don’t glide in and out as smooth as I’d like. Such a small thing but honestly the only thing that I have found.
If you are looking for a new oven then the Hotpoint Class 2 SA2844HIX Built-In Electric Single Oven from AO is great value for money at £239 (correct as of 16/12/2019).
I was gifted this oven in return for an honest review. All words and thoughts are my own.