Inside: The easiest flapjack recipe you’ll find – using the microwave to cook instead of the oven.
Flapjacks are a great snack idea for hungry kids but take far too long in the oven for those days you need them now.
I discovered this recipe years ago and now it is one of my favourites, a go-to for those days when we haven’t got much in the house and the kids want a delicious treat.
100g Light soft brown sugar
3 tbsp Golden syrup
You can also add in 150g raisins or chocolate chips if you fancy.
– Melt the butter, sugar and syrup in the microwave for a minute and increase by 30 seconds until melted.
– Stir in the oats.
– Press into a microwavable dish lined with greaseproof paper. The dish has to have high sides as the mixture will rise while it cooks.
– Cook in the microwave on high for 3 minutes, increasing by 30 seconds until done. You want to make sure you don’t overdo them.
– Press the mix down with the back of a spoon when you remove them from the microwave and allow to cool.
– Cut into squares and enjoy!
I’d love to know if you make them and what you think!