IMPORTANT – Copy the new badge code to prevent broken images.
Welcome to HappyDays! The idea of this linky is to inspire others to make the best out of every day, to see the happy in the little things. As no matter what, there is always something good in every single day- we just need to take the time to see it. Share your happy posts, Sian and I love to read them!
Boy oh boy am I glad to see the weekend! This week has been nothing but trouble, with smashed bottles (5 litres of alcohol everywhere), mis-measured carpets and wrong beds being delivered. To top it all off, Gracie was knocked by a car on Thursday (don’t worry she is fine) and so honestly now, I am on the verge of tears. I can’t even console myself with a big bar of chocolate as I’ve committed to eating healthier.
Despite feeling as though I wanted to hide myself away in a darkened room, I have a few things that have made the week better.
So what has made me happy this week?
– Positivity from others. Sometimes all you need is to be around positive people and I have slowly learned that those are the sorts of people I need to surround myself with. I had a lovely afternoon on Thursday, with Gracie and Lils having friends round for tea while I chatted to their mum. It is great as all 3 of our children are the same age, great for sharing tales!
– True love. Gracie made her sweetheart a card and in it she wrote ‘I will always love you’. Be still my beating heart!
– New bed. It arrived!! They may have sent 2 rights for the base (a new left will arrive in a couple of weeks) but you can’t tell and it is just SO comfy! Being a super king, it means that all 5 of us can fit in for morning snuggles.
– School report. This was Gracie’s first proper report and it was glowing. You always hope that they will do well and that school will truly see them and thankfully they seem to have summed her up brilliantly.
– Storytime. Lils went for a couple of settling-in sessions this week and oh my goodness I don’t think she could have loved it any more if she tried. She put on her uniform (albeit Gracie’s until we get her some of her own) and skipped her way into her new class. Her teacher is lovely so I know she will flourish under her care.
I think that is it for this week. This weekend we are off to The Ritz and I cannot wait!!
I am not sure whether Sian has written her Happy Days this week but do pop over just in case. She is off getting married today so has been a little bit busy all week haha!
I hope you’ve had a good week!
Do you want to join in?
Grab the badge and add it to your post.