Welcome to HappyDays! The idea of this linky is to inspire others to make the best out of every day, to see the happy in the little things. As no matter what, there is always something good in every single day- we just need to take the time to see it. Share your happy posts, Sian and I love to read them!
Hurrah for the weekend!!! Not to mention that it is a long weekend PLUS half term! Woo hoo!! This week has been longggggg and that is because I have been at work all week. Not my normal hours, I did a few extra days as a favour to a school that I adore. It wasn’t so bad as I love the class but boy am I glad that I am off now!
So what has made me smile this week?
– Children. The kids in the class I had were just the loveliest and made me remember why I went into teaching in the first place. If you’ve read my post giving the reasons for leaving the profession you will know that I still adore the job, just not what comes along with it these days. Doing supply means I get all the joys of teaching the kids with none of the rubbish bits.
– Maths. Now hear me out…. This week I taught 25 eight year olds a really hard concept, that one day will lead them on the path to solving quadratic equations. By the end of the lesson they were absolutely buzzing- they knew they had really achieved something. It was magical!!
– My YouTube channel. Or more specifically the fact that quite a few people have subscribed over the last few weeks since I’ve been sharing videos of our weekends. I’ll be vlogging this weekend too so do subscribe if you are nosey like me and like to see what people get up to!
– Being ranked #39 in TOTs. I was at 29 at one point on Wednesday which was a shock and to be honest I am not entirely sure that I am truly meant to be at 39 – but I will take it haha!!
– LJ talking. My goodness me she is just coming on leaps and bounds now. She still gets shy in front of other people and even if put on the spot to say something to me she will clam up – but left to chatter away she is coming out with all sorts now.
– Happy mail. I got a lovely parcel on Thursday, all wrapped up with a red bow. I couldn’t fathom what it could be but when I opened it up I was very excited to see goodies from Netflix. We are the newest members of the Stream Team and cannot wait to get started!
– Mr F working from home. He originally took the day off to have the girls while I was at work but it turned out the school didn’t need me after all. He still kept the day off but had it as a work from home day instead of a full day off. We had a lovely picnic lunch and then went out to Frankie & Benny’s for dinner. Wish he was home more, I really miss him when he is at work (soppy wife alert!!).
Phew! Despite being at work I have had lots of happy moments thank goodness! I will try my best to RT over the weekend but we are going to be out for all 3 days and I am not sure what the signal will be like. If you are off to Geronimo on Sunday we may well see you there! 🙂
Enjoy the bank holiday weekend – let’s hope the sun sticks around!!
Grab the badge and add it to your post.
Once you link up we will add you to the weekely email reminder. No spam we promise. xx
Oh and please remember to comment on both mine and Sian’s posts as your linky hosts. Thank you!