Inside: An easy white chocolate fudge recipe using Toblerone White.
Toblerone is one of my favourite treats – traditionally eating them at Christmas time but loving them all year round. I like the milk chocolate version but I love the white chocolate version more. Technically white chocolate isn’t chocolate at all, rather a candy but either way it is delicious.
I have tried many fudge recipes over the years, some of my favourites being Malteser fudge but I’ve never thought to make it using Toblerone White. I saw no reason for it not to work though so gave it a whirl – it tastes insanely good.
How do you make homemade fudge?
There are a couple of ways you can go about making your own fudge, with the most traditional way being in the slow cooker.
I don’t have the patience for that though so I much prefer the microwave. Both ways involve melting down the chocolate so I see no reason to take all day about it.
What are the main ingredients for fudge?
Homemade fudge has two main ingredients; condensed milk (not to be confused with evaporated milk) and chocolate. To make the different flavours you simply add in extra ingredients in place of some of the chocolate – in this instance, we will be adding Toblerone White to the mix.
We are also going to add in some icing sugar to this recipe to help thicken the mixture. The reason for this is that Toblerone melts into a thinner consistency than regular chocolate.
How long can you keep fudge for?
The fudge needs chilling as understandably the chocolate will begin to melt, leaving your hands sticky while eating. It will keep for up to 2 weeks in the fridge so make sure to make it fresh if giving as a gift.
Hints & tips
Use a silicone tray – it makes popping the fudge out much easier.
Line your tray with baking paper so you can lift it out easily to be cut into squares.
Use a small, deep dish so the mixture creates thick pieces of fudge.
Keep the fudge in the fridge until it is time to eat/pack into bags to give away.
- 397 g Condensed Milk (one tin)
- 250 g Toblerone
- 250 g White Chocolate
- 125 g Icing Sugar
- Extra chopped Toblerone for the top
- Line a tin with baking paper - a silicone tin is perfect for this! I use a 20cm square tin.
- Chop up the Toblerone and put it in a microwavable bowl along with the white chocolate, also broken up into pieces.
- Microwave on full power for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until all of the chocolate has dissolved. There will be small lumps - these are tiny pieces of nougat.
- Add the condensed milk and mix together fully.
- Add in the icing sugar to create a thicker mixture. Make sure it is combined fully.
- Pour into the square tin and leave to cool a little.
- Chop up the remaining Toblerone into small pieces and sprinkle on the cooled mixture.
- Place in the fridge for 6-8 hours.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Let me know if you make it – I’d love to know what you think!