Welcome to HappyDays! The idea of this linky is to inspire others to make the best out of every day, to see the happy in the little things. As no matter what, there is always something good in every single day- we just need to take the time to see it. Share your happy posts, Sian and I love to read them!
This week I’ve really felt as though I was chasing my tail and to be honest I don’t feel like I have caught up still! I think it is because we have been away the last few weekends and so haven’t been able to do any of the usual tidying and organising ready for the week. Thankfully we have a bit of a relaxed weekend ahead of us (besides a couple of parties) so I am planning on doing a tonne of washing, carrying on the good work tidying and generally getting to a point of feeling organised.
I don’t feel like I have achieved much this week and definitely don’t feel like I have had the chance to sit back and appreciate anything, so it is going to be a struggle to make this list I think.
What has made my happy list?
– Time away with my family. Now I said I haven’t had time to appreciate anything but I tell you what, those 2 days away with no internet were so nice and made me see how busy we always are. I need to work out a way to slow right down.
– Painted toes. I haven’t made time for myself in ages but on Wednesday Lils and I had a bit of girlie time and painted our toes. I went for a summery pink and she chose green and blue!
– Junk food. We have been trying to eat healthily for the last few months but this week I have had such a craving for junk! I gave in and sent Mr F out for Pringles and Galaxy. Yum!
– BiBs. Oh my god I am up for an award! Me! My blog!! I think I am in denial actually as I haven’t really thought about it. I don’t know how it happened or who voted for me but wow, just wow. The results will be announced in September – if you fancy voting you can do so here (ps I am up for Best Family blog).
– Summer breeze. It has been too hot for me this week but the last few days there has been a lovely summer breeze. Walking along, summer clothes on and a breeze blowing on my face is my favourite thing.
– Light evenings. Our routine has gone out of the window, the girls stay up that little bit longer and dinner is eaten on the patio. I’ve always been a bit of a stickler for routine but it is so nice to sit back and watch them play.
– Impromptu meets. I text Sian yesterday to see what she was up to and she popped over for an hour or so. So silly as she lives just around the corner but we rarely see each other. I think being connected by social media makes you think you are in touch, seeing pictures and hearing about their days.
That is all for this week I think, I really need to start writing things down in my gratitude journal again as I am just terrible at remembering anything.
Have a great weekend!
Do you want to join in?
Grab the badge and add it to your post.