Blogging has taken over my life, I never intended on it being that way but it has become an addiction. The harder I work the more I achieve and that is so satisfying. However, I am finding that life has taken a back seat in my own life!
Being away last week has put so much into perspective for me. The world will not end if I don’t post 3 times a day, I won’t miss out if I don’t check Twitter every 5 minutes but I will miss out on my children if I don’t get my priorities straight. I need to find a balance.
How do I create a work life balance?
- What I need to do is take my blog more seriously. This may sound odd for someone who is saying they need to step away but hear me out. At the moment my job as a blogger blends seamlessly with my life, it is my life. I need to redraw those lines, create some boundaries so I know where work starts and ends each day.
- I need to create a work-space, somewhere that is just for working – no more sitting on the sofa with my laptop meaning I open it up when I should be playing with the girls!
- I need to put my phone down, when the girls are awake I need to ignore emails and social media as much as possible. I can build in time to my evenings to make sure I can reply to messages and Tweets.
- Something that I have been meaning to do for ages is sign up to Hiive, I have seen a few people mention it as a great platform for connecting with other like-minded people and I want to be a part of it. I want to build my brand and be seen by companies, with regular work I would be able to focus on my family more in my down-time.
- Find my voice, again. Somewhere along the way I have lost my voice. I need to reconnect with other bloggers, get some inspiration and write a blog to be proud of.
- I need to learn to say no. There is only so much I can do and at the end of the day my girls must come first. Running myself into the ground is no good for anyone so I need to say no if I genuinely don’t have the time to complete a job.
- I need to have fun- blogging started off as fun but if I carry on the way I have been going I will burn out. I am going to make it fun again and that means some changes, so watch this space!
So there we are, a few realisations I have had while sunning myself in Paris. I love my blog and I want to take it as far as I can by building up connections with brands but I need to address my work-life balance and spend more time being me too.
Do you manage you work- life balance well? What are your tips?
This is a collaborative post