Inside: Valentine’s dessert inspiration to make your loved one feel special.
Desserts are a fun way to make a meal themed, with chocolate, fruits and other delicious treats to make the event different to a normal dinner. They don’t have to be complicated but it can make all the difference to make your loved one feel as though you’ve made an extra effort.
I wanted to source the best dessert ideas on the internet, ones that wouldn’t be too tricky to make but that would have that wow factor. I hope there is something to catch your eye!
1. Wine-infused Chocolate-covered Strawberries fromom Our Wabisabi Life. I’ve seen chocolate-covered strawberries before but with wine-infused they are a little more grown-up!
2. Valentine’s Candy Bark from Gluesticks & Gumdrops. I want to make this for this year’s Valentine’s day – it always looks so effective but is super easy to make.
3. Heart Truffles Our Wabisabi Life. How cute are these? Pop them in a box and you’ve got a gift and edible treat!
4. DIY Olaf Valentine’s Day Cookies from Artsy Momma. These would be so lovely for kids to make for a parent/ grandparent or of course they could give them to friends at school.
5. Valentine’s Day Fudge from Steam Powered Family. Fudge is always a winner, isn’t it? Definitely my treat of choice!
6. Heart Angel Food Cake from Our Wabisabi Life. This is so simple but looks absolutely amazing! A great way to finish a romantic dinner!
7. Redcurrant No Bake Cheesecake from Red Ted Art. Anything no-bake is a winner for me and who doesn’t love a cheesecake?
8. Cupcake in a Mug from Red Ted Art. Have you ever made a mug cake? They are so quick and easy – fab for anyone short on time.
9. Chocolate Cherry Cupcake Mama Loves To Eat. This is the ultimate cupcake – just look at that whip!
10. Stained Glass Cookies from Red Ted Art. I’ve made these before and they are so effective – kids love them!
11. Heart-shaped frozen yoghurt sandwiches from Kiddy Charts. These are so fun! I want to give them a go this year!
12. Chocolate Hearts from Living Life As Moms. Chocolate will always be the valentine’s food of choice for me so what better than to make your own than buy?
13. Nutella-stuffed Red Velvet Cookies from In The Kids Kitchen. Are you a Nutella fan? Mixed with red velvet these are just divine!
14. Valentine’s Day Surprise Cupcakes Mama Loves To Eat. I love surprise cupcakes and these are different from anything I’ve seen before – super effective!
15. ‘I Love You’ Trifle Cakes from Kids Craft Room. Trifle is such a childhood memory for me and so if someone made me these it would make my day!
16. Teddy Bear Cupcakes from In The Kids Kitchen. Such a lovely idea for kids. They could make them for their friends or you could make them as a tasty after school treat on Valentine’s Day.
17. Marshmallow Valentine from A Little Pinch Of Perfect. This looks so effective but is super easy to put together. Light and fluffy for the end of a meal.
18. Gluten-Free Strawberry Cupcakes from The Soccer Mom Blog. I know so many people who are gluten-free through choice or necessity – these would be much appreciated for the big day.
19. Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Brownies from The Soccer Mom Blog. If chocolate-covered strawberries aren’t enough, why not add them as a topper to a brownie? Genius!
20. Love Heart Marshmallow Pops from The Soccer Mom Blog. Cake pops are something I have tried before but never marshmallow pops – I might make these for the kids this year!
I hope that has given you some inspiration for your Valentine’s celebrations!
Thank you to everyone who contributed to this post!