A couple of weeks ago I went along for a very special shoot in London, one that saw me taking part in a cooking challenge with lots of lovely bloggers. The challenge was simple – create a healthy recipe for the Tefal ActiFry.
I love my ActiFry and use it all the time! It is so versatile, cooking so many more things than just chips (although it does make the best chips!).
I decided to do a pork dish, using a few ingredients to make a sweet sticky sauce. It is one of our favourites as a family and because it is cooked in the ActiFry I know that it is low in fat – great for keeping my family healthy.
We were all using the ActiFry Express XL which is a fab model, one that automatically shuts off when the timer ends.
Pork strips – 1 lb
Cornflour – 1 ActiFry spoon
Passata – 300 ml
Tomato Puree – 1 ActiFry spoon
Brown sugar – 1 ActiFry spoon
Apple juice – 150 ml
Onions – 2 large white
Olive Oil – 1 ActiFry spoon
Garlic – 2 cloves
Diet cola – 2 ActiFry spoons
– Mix the cornflour and 1 ActiFry spoon of diet cola together to make a paste.
– Add the tomato puree, passata, apple juice, sugar and remaining ActiFry spoon of diet cola and mix to make a sauce. Put to the side for now.
– Add the oil to the ActiFry and begin to brown the onions for 5 mins.
– Add the pork strips and cook for a further 5 mins.
– Add in the sauce, give it mix and cook for 10 mins.
I cannot tell you how delicious it is, you’ll have to try it for yourself and let me know what you think!
I do need your help though! If you think my recipe is worthy of winning a prize then I would LOVE if you would vote for me! If I am crowned the winner then I win a luxury spa weekend for two. Yippee!!
But that’s not all. By voting, YOU are entered into a prize draw to win the spa break too! So get voting over on the Tefal website now!
What is your favourite ActiFry recipe?