Welcome to HappyDays! The idea of this linky is to inspire others to make the best out of every day, to see the happy in the little things. As no matter what, there is always something good in every single day- we just need to take the time to see it. Share your happy posts, Sian and I love to read them!
Well that’s the summer holidays done – I can’t believe it! This week has absolutely flown by and has meant that the new term has suddenly crept up on me!
I suddenly had a panic today that the girls’ new school shoes wouldn’t fit them, but thankfully they still do. No chance that their uniform won’t fit – I got larger than they needed.
What has made me smile this week?
– Routines. I said last week that the FLYLady book was brilliant and I will say it again. It is brilliant! Honestly, I have never felt so positive and my house has never been so organised. It isn’t even difficult!
– Seeing friends. We had friends up from Devon over the bank holiday and had the best time! I used to work with B when I was teaching before she moved back home to be nearer family. I hardly get to see her but it is always just the same when we do meet up.
– Amazon Prime. I think I am obsessed with it! I have ordered so much this week and get such a buzz that it arrives the very next day! I need to get out more, clearly.
– Reading. Besides all of the books I’ve been reading to better myself, I have also been reading the sequel to Flawed by Cecelia Ahern. It is called Perfect and it is just as good as the first.
– New dress. I am off to the Britmums blogging awards at the end of the month and am up for Best Family Blog. Figured I best get a fancy dress so I feel worthy of the occasion! Will have to wait to show you though!
– Cooking. I went to London on Thursday as part of a collaboration and had lots of fun making a delicious pork recipe. I am going to need your help to win a competition so keep an eye out for that!
– Gardening. Ok so it wasn’t me, but I enjoyed watching the girls help my mum plant some bits and bobs in our garden. I am not green fingered at all but actually I want to change that.
– Evening strolls. Mr F text me this afternoon and asked if I fancied going for an evening stroll after dinner. We don’t often go for walks in the summer, not sure why but we save them for autumn usually. It was really nice though so I am glad he thought to do it.
I’ve really had to think hard to remember anything from the week – I haven’t been keeping up with my gratitude journal so am as forgetful as ever! Must put it back by the side of my bed and get into the habit again.
Hope you’ve had a good week!
Do you want to join in?