Welcome to HappyDays! The idea of this linky is to inspire others to make the best out of every day, to see the happy in the little things. As no matter what, there is always something good in every single day- we just need to take the time to see it.
Now that Sian is off on HappyDays maternity leave I am being joined by my friend Lucy. She will co-host through April until Sian returns. If you haven’t already had a look on Lucy’s blog then do pop over – she is awesome!
We have had a good week overall – lazy days are always a win. However I do seem to have one child with flu and one with a black eye…. Wills is ok at the moment but he’ll probably add to the fun with chicken pox or something just to tip me over the edge haha! I haven’t taken many photos this week (avoiding snot and black eyes…) so I only had this cheeky shot of Wills – he is such a monkey!!
What has made me happy this week?
– Half term. I am so thankful not to have to get up early every day. Well, you know what I mean – obviously I still wake up early (5.30 at the moment thanks very much Wills) but we don’t have to get dressed.
– Birthday parties. My lovely friend Aby invited me and the kiddies down to celebrate Ava’s 4th birthday. It was such a lovely day and I was glad to get a chance to see her before she ups and leaves to France soon!
– Lucky escapes. Gracie fell and hit her cheekbone really badly on Monday night but thankfully missed her eye. She looks terrible, like she’s been in a fight, but she is healing nicely now.
– Ice cream. Sian is still awaiting the arrival of her baby girl and is trying to keep herself busy. She messaged me the other day to see if I would like to go to get some ice cream in town. Delicious ice cream and a chance to catch up – win win!
– New hair. I haven’t had my hair done in so long, I think it must have been about a year ago now and it was in a terrible state. I have had some highlights put in, a little bit ombre style so I don’t have to worry about roots and I love it!
– Organisation. Being on half term has meant I don’t have to try and squeeze things into time slots. It has meant the house has had a good clean top to bottom and everywhere is feeling fresh.
– New bedding. I went to IKEA last week and picked up some new bedding. I’ve never bought from there before but I will in future. It was pretty cheap but oh my goodness what lovely soft cotton!!
– My cheeky boy. He is beyond cheeky but lord I do adore him. HIs latest trick is throwing almighty tantrums but I find them hilarious. Poor boy!
– New furniture. I have been after new patio furniture for absolutely ages and finally found a set on the Tesco website. We bought the girls bunkbeds from there so I know it will be sturdy stuff. Not sure when it will be delivered but I just hope this sunshine sticks around so I can enjoy it!!
– New friends. Sometimes all it takes is a little bravery but reaching out to people can lead to new friendships. I am involved in a new campaign and using some of the tips has helped me already. I’ll be writing about it soon but if you are feeling a bit lonely just reach out to someone. Chances are they are feeling lonely too. xx
If you are on half term I hope you are having fun and if you are just starting then I hope you have a fab weekend! Hopefully the sun will stick around!! I am off to the Ideal Home Exhibition today so do say hello if you are going to be there too!
Have a great weekend!
Do you want to join in?
Grab the badge and add it to your post.
Oh and please remember to comment on both mine and Sian’s posts as your linky hosts. Thank you!