We have had such a lovely week away visiting friends. As much as I wish they lived nearer I am very glad they live in a gorgeous part of the country. We split our week between Mr F’s friend in Dorset and my friends in Devon. The weather was naff but we had a great time (always good to be looked after).
1. Bank holiday Monday was Grandad’s birthday so we got up nice and early and made him a cake. I was pretty impressed with my efforts- not sure why I didn’t take a picture actually as proof!! I still cannot make it rise amazingly well but they always taste yum!
2. When we got there he had got down Mr F’s old wrestler toys. I am not sure who was more excited about this!! Little G and Mr F spent most of the day playing with them and trying to remember all of their names. I knew Hulk Hogan and that was it!
3. Baby L with a balloon at the party. Bless her snotty socks.
4. We left for Dorset late Monday evening and got down there in record time. Travelling after 7pm when the kids are asleep is definitely the way forward!! Tuesday we went to Shaftesbury, the home of Hovis Hill if you can remember the advert? I made Mr F trek down the hill for the photo as I didn’t fancy the climb back up!
5. Baby L was loving the cats, I was terrified she was going to pull their tails but she was quite good. She did get scratched on the hand and was absolutely heartbroken! I had to hide my horror so as not to scar her for life!
6. We went to Sherborne and came across one of the golden post boxes issued for the Olympics. This one was in honour of Peter Wilson. I have never seen any others so it was pretty exciting. The moment was lost on Little G but the promise of cake convinced her to stand for a photo.
7. We travelled down to Devon to see my best friend. I try and get down to see her as much as possible. We used to work together before I went on maternity leave and then she moved back to Devon. On Thursday we spent the day bridesmaid dress shopping. On Friday we went to the National aquarium in Plymouth. Wasn’t as good as the London aquarium but Little G and Baby L loved it. Baby L was mesmerised by the stingrays.
8. On Saturday we went to a farm in Occombe. It was free entry and was very quaint. Not many animals but enough for a little morning trip out. Little G liked the tractor and told the boy behind her ‘you have to wait til I have finished’ I can’t think who she gets her bossy nature from….
9. After the farm we went to Paignton. We walked along the pier – spent £££ on the 2p machines and then walked along the beach. I used to live by the sea at uni and I really do miss it. We couldn’t live more inland here in Hertfordshire.
10. Silent Sunday
So that was our week. What have you been up to?
Linking up with YouBabyMeMummy for #TWTWC